Statement of the FUEN-President on the upcoming referendum in Alsace28.03.2013
FUEN is an organisation in Europe, working for the interests of the autochthonous, national minorities and the regional and minority languages. Since we were founded in the Palais de Chaillot in Paris in 1949, we have been promoting diversity and strengthening of the regions.
With great interest and sympathy FUEN is following what is going on in Alsace – especially the desire for stronger regional self-government and the ambition to determine one’s own future, within the perspective of European subsidiarity.
For years, the delegates of FUEN have called upon France to not only adopt the international treaties, such as the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities and the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages, but also to understand that the French diversity of languages and identities is an advantage, not a risk. We urge France to respect the wish for more self-government of the regions and to facilitate this.
On 7 April there will be a referendum in Alsace – allowing for the transfer of more competences to the region. We support all endeavours in that direction and wish the Alsatians and especially the people who are active in the “Unsere Land”-party all the best in the upcoming referendum.
--- Hans Heinrich Hansen, President of FUEN.
- The South Tyroleans and Carinthian Slovenes win the European Championship titles of the 4th EUROPEADA
- When Sorbs and Cimbrians sing the Carinthian Slovenes’ anthem – Europeada Culture Day provides many goosebump moments
- Let fair play and the best win! EUROPEADA 2022 officially opens in Carinthia
- UEFA President's message of support for EUROPEADA
- New exhibition shows the history of FUEN
- "The Europeada should write a piece of minority history"
- Eğitim Uzmanları Çevrimiçi Platform Üzerinden Fikir Alış-Verişinde Bulundu.
- Belluno'daki Ladinler ve Slovakya'daki Macarlar Azınlıklar Gruplar Arası Toplantısına Misafir Oldu.
- EUROPEADA 2022: Program ve müsabaka fikstürü belli oldu
- Alman-Danimarka Sınır Bölgesi'ndeki azınlıkları konu alan ''Sinto mensubu olmaktan gurur duyuyorum'' adlı filmin galası Azınlıklar Yetki-İletişim Ağı’nda kutlandı