Statement of the FUEN-President on the upcoming referendum in Alsace28.03.2013
FUEN is an organisation in Europe, working for the interests of the autochthonous, national minorities and the regional and minority languages. Since we were founded in the Palais de Chaillot in Paris in 1949, we have been promoting diversity and strengthening of the regions.
With great interest and sympathy FUEN is following what is going on in Alsace – especially the desire for stronger regional self-government and the ambition to determine one’s own future, within the perspective of European subsidiarity.
For years, the delegates of FUEN have called upon France to not only adopt the international treaties, such as the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities and the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages, but also to understand that the French diversity of languages and identities is an advantage, not a risk. We urge France to respect the wish for more self-government of the regions and to facilitate this.
On 7 April there will be a referendum in Alsace – allowing for the transfer of more competences to the region. We support all endeavours in that direction and wish the Alsatians and especially the people who are active in the “Unsere Land”-party all the best in the upcoming referendum.
--- Hans Heinrich Hansen, President of FUEN.
- "Change must come from within and begins in the mind": Workshop collects important ideas for more gender equality
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Office Manager
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Communications Employee
- Women first – but how? FUEN workshop on equal rights in minority organisations in Vienna
- These are the 14 venues for EUROPEADA 2024
- From existential hardship to the right to minority education - AGSM annual meeting in Zagreb reveals serious contrasts
- 32nd AGDM Conference: political impetus, networking and exchange
- FUEN: Az új ukrán kisebbségi törvény nem nyújt megfelelő megoldást a nemzeti kisebbségek kéréseire
- Turkic minorities from the Balkans to the Caucasus demonstrated cooperation and solidarity at the meetings in Western Thrace
- Turkic minorities and communities gather in Western Thrace