FUEN CONGRESS 202126.10.2023
In 2021, the Annual Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities took place in Trieste/Trst, Italy between 9-12 September.
Trieste/ Trst is the capital of the autonomous region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, currently home to 200,000 people. Besides the Italian majority, the largest minority community are the Slovenes. Their organisation, SSO was the host of the congress.
The event’s topics included the future of Europe’s cultural and linguistic diversity, education models of European minorities and a panel on the Slovenes in Italy.
The FUEN Prize was awarded to UN Special Rapporteur on Minority Issues Fernand de Varennes.
Due to the restrictions still in place because of the Covid-19 pandemic, the congress was organised in a hybrid format, delegates from countries with travel restrictions were able to follow the Assembly of Delegates live and to cast their votes in the online system.
- Experts gather to discuss ways forward for minority protection at FUEN’s conference in Brussels
- Lendván tartották a FUEN Magyar Közösségek Munkacsoportja első ülését
- Lendván tartja első munkaülését a FUEN Magyar Közösségek Munkacsoportja
- Transforming a vision into reality: Minority Monitor presents the Bijeljina Minority Commissioner
- EUROPEADA 2024: The game schedules are now available
- FUEN TAG Speaker Habip Oğlu met with Secretary General of the Organization of Turkic States Omuraliev
- Minority Calendar 2024: FUEN invites you on a culinary journey through Europe's minority cuisines
- FUEN’s European Dialogue Forum meets Council of Europe leaders, Members of the European Parliament in Strasbourg
- Minority interests taken into account in the European Parliament’s report on geo-blocking
- Let's get loud to mute hate! Campaign against hate speech