FUEN CONGRESS 202126.10.2023
In 2021, the Annual Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities took place in Trieste/Trst, Italy between 9-12 September.
Trieste/ Trst is the capital of the autonomous region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, currently home to 200,000 people. Besides the Italian majority, the largest minority community are the Slovenes. Their organisation, SSO was the host of the congress.
The event’s topics included the future of Europe’s cultural and linguistic diversity, education models of European minorities and a panel on the Slovenes in Italy.
The FUEN Prize was awarded to UN Special Rapporteur on Minority Issues Fernand de Varennes.
Due to the restrictions still in place because of the Covid-19 pandemic, the congress was organised in a hybrid format, delegates from countries with travel restrictions were able to follow the Assembly of Delegates live and to cast their votes in the online system.
- "Change must come from within and begins in the mind": Workshop collects important ideas for more gender equality
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Office Manager
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Communications Employee
- Women first – but how? FUEN workshop on equal rights in minority organisations in Vienna
- These are the 14 venues for EUROPEADA 2024
- From existential hardship to the right to minority education - AGSM annual meeting in Zagreb reveals serious contrasts
- 32nd AGDM Conference: political impetus, networking and exchange
- FUEN: The new Ukrainian Law on National Minorities does not offer an adequate solution to the requests of the national minorities
- Turkic minorities from the Balkans to the Caucasus demonstrated cooperation and solidarity at the meetings in Western Thrace
- Turkic minorities and communities gather in Western Thrace