FUEN CONGRESS 202227.10.2023
In 2022, the Annual Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities took place in Berlin, Germany between 29 September – 2 October, the most populated city in the EU, where FUEN also has an office. It was hosted by the autochthonous minorities of Germany, the Lusatian Sorbs, the Danish minority, the Sinti and Roman and the Frisian minority.
The event was deeply marked by the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine. Its topics included the situation of minority communities in international, regional, and national conflicts, looking back at past conflicts in Europe and giving the floor to the minorities in Ukraine, an exchange with Bundestag members and the presentation of the minorities in Germany. The programme also included visits tot he Bundestag and to the Memorial tot he Sinti and Roma of Europe Murdered under National Socialism.
The FUEN Prize was awarded to Italian politician Gianclaudio Bressa.
The Assembly of Delegates elected a new presidium and adopted a main resolution concerning the situation in Ukraine.
- "Change must come from within and begins in the mind": Workshop collects important ideas for more gender equality
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Office Manager
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Communications Employee
- Women first – but how? FUEN workshop on equal rights in minority organisations in Vienna
- These are the 14 venues for EUROPEADA 2024
- From existential hardship to the right to minority education - AGSM annual meeting in Zagreb reveals serious contrasts
- 32nd AGDM Conference: political impetus, networking and exchange
- FUEN: The new Ukrainian Law on National Minorities does not offer an adequate solution to the requests of the national minorities
- Turkic minorities from the Balkans to the Caucasus demonstrated cooperation and solidarity at the meetings in Western Thrace
- Turkic minorities and communities gather in Western Thrace