FUEN CONGRESS 202227.10.2023
In 2022, the Annual Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities took place in Berlin, Germany between 29 September – 2 October, the most populated city in the EU, where FUEN also has an office. It was hosted by the autochthonous minorities of Germany, the Lusatian Sorbs, the Danish minority, the Sinti and Roman and the Frisian minority.
The event was deeply marked by the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine. Its topics included the situation of minority communities in international, regional, and national conflicts, looking back at past conflicts in Europe and giving the floor to the minorities in Ukraine, an exchange with Bundestag members and the presentation of the minorities in Germany. The programme also included visits tot he Bundestag and to the Memorial tot he Sinti and Roma of Europe Murdered under National Socialism.
The FUEN Prize was awarded to Italian politician Gianclaudio Bressa.
The Assembly of Delegates elected a new presidium and adopted a main resolution concerning the situation in Ukraine.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Experts gather to discuss ways forward for minority protection at FUEN’s conference in Brussels
- The first meeting of the Working Group of Hungarian Communities in FUEN was held in Lendava, Slovenia
- FUEN’s Working Group of Hungarian Communities holds its first working meeting in Slovenia
- Transforming a vision into reality: Minority Monitor presents the Bijeljina Minority Commissioner
- EUROPEADA 2024: The game schedules are now available
- FUEN TAG Speaker Habip Oğlu met with Secretary General of the Organization of Turkic States Omuraliev
- Minority Calendar 2024: FUEN invites you on a culinary journey through Europe's minority cuisines
- FUEN’s European Dialogue Forum meets Council of Europe leaders, Members of the European Parliament in Strasbourg
- Minority interests taken into account in the European Parliament’s report on geo-blocking
- Let's get loud to mute hate! Campaign against hate speech