- represents the interests of the European minorities – on regional, national and in particular on the European level.
- works together with the European Union, the Council of Europe, the OSCE and the United Nations as well as with other stakeholders within the field of the European minorities
- holds consultative status at the United Nations
- holds participatory status at the Council of Europe
- is a full member of the European Civil Society Platform for Multilingualism established by the European Commission
- is a participant in the Fundamental Rights Platform
- organises each year the largest gathering of autochthonous minorities and language groups, the FUEN Congress with more than 200 participants
- has five working groups with annual meetings: for the German, Slavic and Turkic minorities, for nations without a kin-state, and also a newly established education working group
- is the coordinator of the Minority SafePack European Citizens’ Initiative, a European Citizens’ Initiative for the rights of autocthonous national minorities and languge groups in th EU, which has obtained 1,123,422 valid signatures and passed the national threshold in 11 Member States of the European Union
- runs several long-term projects such as the project “Dialogue for a Stable Future” - Minorities in the Caucasus and Minorities in the Western Balkans
- organises conferences like the Deeply Rooted in the Regions and the Minority Media Forum
- organises the European football championship of minorities, EUROPEADA.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Minority Monitor: Would historical justice for Meskhetian Turks ever be restored?
- JOB OFFER: Project Assistant (m/f/d) in Berlin
- Draw of the EUROPEADA groups: Place and time fixed!
- Assembly of Delegates adopts resolutions appealing to big politics
- Maintaining cultural diversity: theory and practice
- Minority Rights in Europe - Where is the Journey Heading?
- A guest in the city of many minorities: The FUEN Congress opens in Pécs, Hungary
- FUEN Prize laureate 2023: Renate Schnack – Thinking with the minorities
- "Diversity and multilingualism is in her DNA": Renate Schnack receives the FUEN Prize 2023
- The opening of the FUEN Congress in livestream – be there!