- represents the interests of the European minorities – on regional, national and in particular on the European level.
- works together with the European Union, the Council of Europe, the OSCE and the United Nations as well as with other stakeholders within the field of the European minorities
- holds consultative status at the United Nations
- holds participatory status at the Council of Europe
- is a full member of the European Civil Society Platform for Multilingualism established by the European Commission
- is a participant in the Fundamental Rights Platform
- organises each year the largest gathering of autochthonous minorities and language groups, the FUEN Congress with more than 200 participants
- has five working groups with annual meetings: for the German, Slavic and Turkic minorities, for nations without a kin-state, and also a newly established education working group
- is the coordinator of the Minority SafePack European Citizens’ Initiative, a European Citizens’ Initiative for the rights of autocthonous national minorities and languge groups in th EU, which has obtained 1,123,422 valid signatures and passed the national threshold in 11 Member States of the European Union
- runs several long-term projects such as the project “Dialogue for a Stable Future” - Minorities in the Caucasus and Minorities in the Western Balkans
- organises conferences like the Deeply Rooted in the Regions and the Minority Media Forum
- organises the European football championship of minorities, EUROPEADA.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- From the Hofburg to the Three-Country Corner - the annual meeting of the Slavic minorities at the Burgenland Croats in Austria
- Minority language promotion projects in practice and on location
- How do minorities live in large metropolises? Slavic communities meet in Vienna
- Communities between true cultural tourism and clumsy marketing gimmick
- Opening of the Forum of European Regions in Ireland: Language means money
- The quest for minority rights in the EU continues
- German minorities at the heart of German minority policy: AGDM Annual Conference starts today in Berlin
- EUROPEADA 2024: Four minorities in the German-Danish borderland set sail for football event "Between the Seas"
- When new worlds open up - WG Education's annual conference provided inspiration and exciting perspectives
- AGSM members to meet in Vienna and Burgenland