FUEN CONGRESS 202327.10.2023
In 2023, the Annual Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities took place between 7-10 September in Pécs * Fünfkirchen * Pečuh, Hungary, a multicultural city with eleven different nationalities living in it besides Hungarians. It was hosted by the National Self-Government of Germans in Hungary.
The topics included the situation of minority rights in the EU neighbourhood, the participation of minority organisations in democratic processes and the presentation of the Hungarian minority law framework by the leaders of the minority communities of Hungary.
A visit to minority schools, a city tour and an excursion and cultural performances in Véménd – Wemend was also part of the event.
The FUEN Prize was awarded to German politician Renate Schnack.
The Assembly of Delegates adopted a Main Resolution appealing to the need for intensive consultations with national minorities and, on the other hand, to the protection of national minorities in Ukraine.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Experts gather to discuss ways forward for minority protection at FUEN’s conference in Brussels
- The first meeting of the Working Group of Hungarian Communities in FUEN was held in Lendava, Slovenia
- FUEN’s Working Group of Hungarian Communities holds its first working meeting in Slovenia
- Transforming a vision into reality: Minority Monitor presents the Bijeljina Minority Commissioner
- EUROPEADA 2024: The game schedules are now available
- FUEN TAG Speaker Habip Oğlu met with Secretary General of the Organization of Turkic States Omuraliev
- Minority Calendar 2024: FUEN invites you on a culinary journey through Europe's minority cuisines
- FUEN’s European Dialogue Forum meets Council of Europe leaders, Members of the European Parliament in Strasbourg
- Minority interests taken into account in the European Parliament’s report on geo-blocking
- Let's get loud to mute hate! Campaign against hate speech