FUEN CONGRESS 202327.10.2023
In 2023, the Annual Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities took place between 7-10 September in Pécs * Fünfkirchen * Pečuh, Hungary, a multicultural city with eleven different nationalities living in it besides Hungarians. It was hosted by the National Self-Government of Germans in Hungary.
The topics included the situation of minority rights in the EU neighbourhood, the participation of minority organisations in democratic processes and the presentation of the Hungarian minority law framework by the leaders of the minority communities of Hungary.
A visit to minority schools, a city tour and an excursion and cultural performances in Véménd – Wemend was also part of the event.
The FUEN Prize was awarded to German politician Renate Schnack.
The Assembly of Delegates adopted a Main Resolution appealing to the need for intensive consultations with national minorities and, on the other hand, to the protection of national minorities in Ukraine.
- "Change must come from within and begins in the mind": Workshop collects important ideas for more gender equality
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Office Manager
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Communications Employee
- Women first – but how? FUEN workshop on equal rights in minority organisations in Vienna
- These are the 14 venues for EUROPEADA 2024
- From existential hardship to the right to minority education - AGSM annual meeting in Zagreb reveals serious contrasts
- 32nd AGDM Conference: political impetus, networking and exchange
- FUEN: The new Ukrainian Law on National Minorities does not offer an adequate solution to the requests of the national minorities
- Turkic minorities from the Balkans to the Caucasus demonstrated cooperation and solidarity at the meetings in Western Thrace
- Turkic minorities and communities gather in Western Thrace