FUEN CONGRESS 201911.06.2019
The Anniversary Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities - 70 years of FUEN, took place from 12-16 June 2019 in Bratislava/Pozsony/Pressburg and Dunajská Streda/Dunaszerdahely, Slovakia.
The congress was co-hosted with the FUEN Member Organisations the Party of the Hungarian Community in Slovakia (Magyar Közösség Pártja) in cooperation with the Carpathian German Association in Slovakia (Karpatendeutscher Verein in der Slowakei).
The guests experienced a varied and festive programme. The Congress started on Wednesday, 12 June with the traditional minority market and cultural evening; the European minorities presented their cultural and linguistic diversity through music, dance, traditions and culinary delights, supported by information material about their minority.
On Thursday, 13 June the Congress was officially opened, and the anniversary celebrations took place. The accomplishments of 70 years of FUEN were evaluated and a direction was drafted for the minority umbrella organisation for the decades to come. The day ended with a festive evening event.
Friday, 14 June was spent in Dunajská Streda - Dunaszerdahely. The situation of minorities in Slovakia and Ukraine was the main focus of the day. FUEN also presented its new project "Minority Monitor”.
The FUEN Assembly of Delegates took place on Saturday, 15 June 2019, during which a new Presidium was elected. The congress ended with a boat tour with dinner.
All information on the FUEN Congress 2019 can be found at congress2019.fuen.org.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Registration of teams is open for EUROPEADA 2024!
- Western Balkans delegation discusses with FUEN: How does diversity management succeed?
- German Bundestag celebrates 25 years of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages
- The FUEN Presidium and the Working Group of Slavic Minorities (AGSM) strongly condemn the racist postings in Carinthia/Koroška
- FUEN Presidium and Minority Council in constructive dialogue on further development of the minority organisation
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services