FUEN CONGRESS 201611.06.2019
The annual congress of the Federal Union of European Minorities (FUEN) in 2016 was held in Wrocław, the European Capital of Culture, from 18 to 22 May 2016.
More than 150 participants from 27 nations, representing more than 50 minorities, got together to discuss their concerns and wishes for the future.
The main topics of the Congress were the general situation in Europe, the conditions for minorities in Poland, the situation in Ukraine, the cooperation of organisations representing minorities and the refugee issue.
The Congress was organised in cooperation with the Association of German Social Cultural Societies in Poland (Verband der deutschen Sozial-Kulturellen Gesellschaften in Polen) VDG.
After the opening of the congress, the first day of the congress was be dedicated to the current situation in Poland and its minority policy, with a focus on the German minority.
The second day of the congress was a thematic day with the motto: “Quo vadis Europe? The multifaceted crisis of Europe”.
The FUEN Assembly of Delegates, which was held during the congress, elected the new Presidium as well as the members of the European Dialogue Forum and speakers for the FUEN working groups.
A minority market offered plenty of opportunity to get into contact with the many minorities, before the participants themselves experienced the Capital of Culture.
The keynote speaker of the congress was Astrid Thors, High Commissioner for National Minorities at the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE).
We thank all participants for thrilling contributions, interesting discussions and a successful congress.
This project was supported by the Federal Ministry of Interior and funded by the Federal Republic of Germany.
- The ball is in play: Kickoff press conference for EUROPEADA 2024
- Registration of teams is open for EUROPEADA 2024!
- Western Balkans delegation discusses with FUEN: How does diversity management succeed?
- German Bundestag celebrates 25 years of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages
- The FUEN Presidium and the Working Group of Slavic Minorities (AGSM) strongly condemn the racist postings in Carinthia/Koroška
- FUEN Presidium and Minority Council in constructive dialogue on further development of the minority organisation
- Minority SafePack Adlı Halk Girişimiyle İlgili Mahkeme Kararına İtiraz Edildi.
- Azınlıklar Monitörü, Estonya'daki Rus Azınlığın Zorla Asimile Edilme Olayını Sunuyor.
- FUEN, Üsküp'teki Batı Balkanlar-Bölgesel Konferansı'nda Çeşitlilik Yönetimine İlişkin Görüşlerini Sundu
- Minority SafePack: MSPI-Halk Komitesi Mahkemenin Kararına Karşı Yasal Yollara Başvuracak