JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg03.01.2023
With more than 100 member organisations in 35 European countries, FUEN is the largest umbrella organisation of autochthonous, national minorities and ethnic groups in Europe. It represents the interests of European minorities at regional, national and, in particular, European level and works to preserve and promote the identities, languages, cultures, rights and uniqueness of European minorities. FUEN was founded in Paris in 1949, today it has three locations: in Flensburg, Berlin and Brussels.
To support our team, we are looking for a secretary to start as soon as possible in either Flensburg or Berlin.
Job type: Part-time (20-30 hours per week)
- Carrying out FUEN correspondence (individual and serial letters, congratulatory letters, invitations)
- Processing incoming e-mails
- Taking minutes at meetings
- Support in scheduling and organising appointments for the Secretary General
- General secretarial work that includes answering the telephone, managing the calendar and organising video and telephone conferences.
- Relevant completed training with at least 1 year of professional experience, preferably as an office management assistant or comparable qualifications.
- Confident use of computer with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Multilingualism, mother tongue German and good English skills, other languages including regional and minority languages are desirable
- Interest in or knowledge about minority issues would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently, self-confident and appropriate appearance, organisational skills and assertiveness, strong communication skills, ability to work in a team, flexibility and empathy
- Exciting pan-European projects
- A European and committed team
- An attractive and varied working environment
- Work-life balance: regulated working hours with a flexible start and end time, possibility of mobile working, compensatory time off.
The position is initially limited until 31.12.2023 with an option for further extension.
In the case of equal suitability, severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration in accordance with the German SGB IX.
We look forward to receiving your application documents, which you should send to us by 31.01.2023 at the latest, if possible, by e-mail to email@example.com, indicating your earliest possible starting date.
For further information, please contact FUEN Secretary General Éva Pénzes, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The ball is in play: Kickoff press conference for EUROPEADA 2024
- Registration of teams is open for EUROPEADA 2024!
- Western Balkans delegation discusses with FUEN: How does diversity management succeed?
- German Bundestag celebrates 25 years of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages
- The FUEN Presidium and the Working Group of Slavic Minorities (AGSM) strongly condemn the racist postings in Carinthia/Koroška
- FUEN Presidium and Minority Council in constructive dialogue on further development of the minority organisation
- Minority SafePack Adlı Halk Girişimiyle İlgili Mahkeme Kararına İtiraz Edildi.
- Azınlıklar Monitörü, Estonya'daki Rus Azınlığın Zorla Asimile Edilme Olayını Sunuyor.
- FUEN, Üsküp'teki Batı Balkanlar-Bölgesel Konferansı'nda Çeşitlilik Yönetimine İlişkin Görüşlerini Sundu
- Minority SafePack: MSPI-Halk Komitesi Mahkemenin Kararına Karşı Yasal Yollara Başvuracak