FUEN Vice-President Halit Habipoğlu: Sharing the same fate, Europe’s national minorities of 100 Millions are in solidarity with Crimean Tatars.03.11.2013
Having reiterated greetings of 150.000 Western Thrace Turks and of 100 Millions national minorities from Europe, FUEN Vice-President affirmed his full support for the newly elected President to Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People.
Having paid a visit to Simferopol (Akmescit) on 26-27 October 2013 and participated at the Crimean Tatar National Congress upon the invitation of Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People, FUEN Vice-President Halit Habipoğlu had a meeting with President of Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People Mustafa Abdülcemil Kırımoğlu and communicated the continued support of FUEN to Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People that a new President was to be elected.
As a result of secret ballot held on 27 October 2013, Refat Chubarov, who has been working with Mustafa Abdülcemil Kırımoğlu as the President of Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People since 1991, elected President to the Mejlis with 126 votes from 242 delegates.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Registration of teams is open for EUROPEADA 2024!
- Western Balkans delegation discusses with FUEN: How does diversity management succeed?
- German Bundestag celebrates 25 years of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages
- The FUEN Presidium and the Working Group of Slavic Minorities (AGSM) strongly condemn the racist postings in Carinthia/Koroška
- FUEN Presidium and Minority Council in constructive dialogue on further development of the minority organisation
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services