We must not remain #speechless – AGDM Youth supports protest action01.02.2022
The Federation of the Youth of the German Minority in Poland launched its protest action #sprachlos against the cut in funding for the teaching of German as a minority language decided by the Polish Sejm.
In a statement published on the AGDM website, the AGDM Youth announced its support for the #sprachlos campaign.
“We must not remain speechless when children and young people who learn the minority language in schools suffer from the government's political decisions and the "language of the heart" is taken away from them.
The AGDM is a community of solidarity and we thank all representatives of the AGDM Youth who have joined in support of the compatriots in Poland!”, says the statement of the Working Group of German Minorities in FUEN.
The FUEN has also condemned the cut in funding, pointing out that “the rights and funding of minority groups living in Poland should not be negatively affected due to ambitions aiming more support for Polish communities abroad.”
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- From the Hofburg to the Three-Country Corner - the annual meeting of the Slavic minorities at the Burgenland Croats in Austria
- Minority language promotion projects in practice and on location
- How do minorities live in large metropolises? Slavic communities meet in Vienna
- Communities between true cultural tourism and clumsy marketing gimmick
- Opening of the Forum of European Regions in Ireland: Language means money
- The quest for minority rights in the EU continues
- German minorities at the heart of German minority policy: AGDM Annual Conference starts today in Berlin
- EUROPEADA 2024: Four minorities in the German-Danish borderland set sail for football event "Between the Seas"
- When new worlds open up - WG Education's annual conference provided inspiration and exciting perspectives
- AGSM members to meet in Vienna and Burgenland