We must not remain #speechless – AGDM Youth supports protest action01.02.2022
The Federation of the Youth of the German Minority in Poland launched its protest action #sprachlos against the cut in funding for the teaching of German as a minority language decided by the Polish Sejm.
In a statement published on the AGDM website, the AGDM Youth announced its support for the #sprachlos campaign.
“We must not remain speechless when children and young people who learn the minority language in schools suffer from the government's political decisions and the "language of the heart" is taken away from them.
The AGDM is a community of solidarity and we thank all representatives of the AGDM Youth who have joined in support of the compatriots in Poland!”, says the statement of the Working Group of German Minorities in FUEN.
The FUEN has also condemned the cut in funding, pointing out that “the rights and funding of minority groups living in Poland should not be negatively affected due to ambitions aiming more support for Polish communities abroad.”
- Minorities in the Western Balkans: FUEN’s presence is welcome and needed in the region
- Minorities in the Western Balkans: opportunities and perspectives
- Minorities in the Western Balkans meet at FUEN’s conference in Osijek
- JOB VACANCY: Student employee (m/f/d)
- Together they are strong: minorities without a kin-state meet in Catalonia
- French before Catalan: Court makes disappointing decision against regional language
- OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities visits FUEN
- German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck becomes patron of EUROPEADA
- Late repatriates in Germany: AGDM publishes statement
- Insights, impulses and a suitcase full of ideas: the Education WG's annual conference in Romania a great success