Plenary debate and resolution in the European Parliament on the Minority SafePack Initiative14.12.2020
On Monday, 14 December 2020 the European Parliament will discuss the proposals of the “Minority SafePack” European Citizens’ Initiative at its plenary meeting. The plenary starts at 1700 CET and the MSPI will be the second subject on the agenda. At the debate, MEPs will evaluate the initiative and the proposed resolution.
A vote on amendments to the resolution will be held on Wednesday, followed by the final vote on Thursday morning. The results of the vote will be published on Thursday, 17 December 2020 at 1300 CET.
The Minority SafePack initiative proposes nine actions that the EU could take to protect people belonging to national and linguistic minorities in the EU, and to strengthen cultural and linguistic diversity.
The plenary debate can be followed in several languages at the European Parliament’s website: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/home.html
The European Parliament’s press release on the debate: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/agenda/briefing/2020-12-14/9/meps-set-to-support-european-citizens-initiative-promoting-diversity
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Together they are strong: minorities without a kin-state meet in Catalonia
- French before Catalan: Court makes disappointing decision against regional language
- OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities visits FUEN
- German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck becomes patron of EUROPEADA
- Late repatriates in Germany: AGDM publishes statement
- Insights, impulses and a suitcase full of ideas: the Education WG's annual conference in Romania a great success
- The Tetovo Forum for Social Dialogue and Cooperation – a best practice presented in Minority Monitor
- South Tyrol, East Belgium and Hungary want to back MSPI in court
- Tailwind for minority rights: European Parliament wants to expand cooperation with Council of Europe
- "School in the mother tongue is not a luxury, but sheer necessity": Annual meeting of the Education WG in Romania