Plenary debate and resolution in the European Parliament on the Minority SafePack Initiative14.12.2020
On Monday, 14 December 2020 the European Parliament will discuss the proposals of the “Minority SafePack” European Citizens’ Initiative at its plenary meeting. The plenary starts at 1700 CET and the MSPI will be the second subject on the agenda. At the debate, MEPs will evaluate the initiative and the proposed resolution.
A vote on amendments to the resolution will be held on Wednesday, followed by the final vote on Thursday morning. The results of the vote will be published on Thursday, 17 December 2020 at 1300 CET.
The Minority SafePack initiative proposes nine actions that the EU could take to protect people belonging to national and linguistic minorities in the EU, and to strengthen cultural and linguistic diversity.
The plenary debate can be followed in several languages at the European Parliament’s website: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/home.html
The European Parliament’s press release on the debate: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/agenda/briefing/2020-12-14/9/meps-set-to-support-european-citizens-initiative-promoting-diversity
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented
- The European Council’s President supports FUEN`s Main Resolution on Ukraine