FUEN Congress 2022 to be held in Berlin10.05.2022
The largest meeting of autochthonous national minorities in Europe – the FUEN Congress – will take place in Berlin, Germany in 2022. Taking into consideration the current international situation, especially the Russian invasion of Ukraine and its possible consequences, the FUEN Presidium took the decision to organise the Congress in the German capital instead of Tallin, Estonia. The event will take place on 29 September – 2 October, in cooperation with the Minority Council of the four autochthonous national minorities and ethnic groups in Germany.
The Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) has been held annually by the umbrella organisation since 1949 in cooperation with hosting minorities and is dedicated to European minority concerns as well as the specific situation and activities of the respective host minorities. With around 200 participants from more than 30 countries, the FUEN Congress is the largest meeting of autochthonous, national minorities in Europe – with corresponding European impact and visibility. In addition to member organisations and partners of FUEN, personalities from politics, science, culture and the media also take part.
In 2021, the FUEN Congress was held in Trieste/Trst, Italy, hosted by the Slovenian community. Due to travel restrictions applied to citizens of some non-EU countries, it was organised in a hybrid format, as delegates were able to follow the Assembly and vote remotely. If necessary, the 2022 Congress will also be a hybrid one.
Credit cover picture: Pixabay
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented
- The European Council’s President supports FUEN`s Main Resolution on Ukraine