FUEN Congress 2022 to be held in Berlin10.05.2022
The largest meeting of autochthonous national minorities in Europe – the FUEN Congress – will take place in Berlin, Germany in 2022. Taking into consideration the current international situation, especially the Russian invasion of Ukraine and its possible consequences, the FUEN Presidium took the decision to organise the Congress in the German capital instead of Tallin, Estonia. The event will take place on 29 September – 2 October, in cooperation with the Minority Council of the four autochthonous national minorities and ethnic groups in Germany.
The Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) has been held annually by the umbrella organisation since 1949 in cooperation with hosting minorities and is dedicated to European minority concerns as well as the specific situation and activities of the respective host minorities. With around 200 participants from more than 30 countries, the FUEN Congress is the largest meeting of autochthonous, national minorities in Europe – with corresponding European impact and visibility. In addition to member organisations and partners of FUEN, personalities from politics, science, culture and the media also take part.
In 2021, the FUEN Congress was held in Trieste/Trst, Italy, hosted by the Slovenian community. Due to travel restrictions applied to citizens of some non-EU countries, it was organised in a hybrid format, as delegates were able to follow the Assembly and vote remotely. If necessary, the 2022 Congress will also be a hybrid one.
Credit cover picture: Pixabay
- The South Tyroleans and Carinthian Slovenes win the European Championship titles of the 4th EUROPEADA
- When Sorbs and Cimbrians sing the Carinthian Slovenes’ anthem – Europeada Culture Day provides many goosebump moments
- Let fair play and the best win! EUROPEADA 2022 officially opens in Carinthia
- UEFA President's message of support for EUROPEADA
- New exhibition shows the history of FUEN
- "The Europeada should write a piece of minority history"
- Education experts exchange ideas via online platform for minority education
- The Ladins in Belluno and Hungarians in Slovakia were the guests of the Minority Intergroup
- EUROPEADA 2022: Programme and match schedule are set
- "I am proud to be a Sinto" - Film about minorities in the German-Danish borderland celebrates premiere in the Minority Competence Network