Minority marathon: FUEN’s President in the German-Danish border region07.12.2021
On 2-3 December 2021 FUEN President, MEP Loránt Vincze and FUEN Vice President Gösta Toft met several representatives of the minorities living in the German-Danish border region in Flensburg. The meetings took place to discuss strengthening the collaboration between the organisations and to present future plans. The FUEN delegation met Harro Hallmann, Hinrich Jürgensen and Uwe Jessen from Bund Deutscher Nordschleswiger (BDN, German minority in Denmark), Jens A. Christiansen and Gitte Hougaard-Werner from Sydslesvigsk Forening (SSF, Danish minority in Germany).
They also had a meeting with Stefan Seidler, a recently elected member of the Bundestag from the South Schleswig Voters' Association (SSW), the party representing the interests of the Danish and Frisian minority populations in Germany. The discussion with the politician from Schleswig-Holstein focused on the collaboration to better represent the interests of minorities both in Germany in Europe.
FUEN President Loránt Vincze and Vice President Gösta Toft also met Minority Commissioner of Schleswig-Holstein Johannes Callsen on Friday evening in Flensburg. The meeting took place in order to prepare FUEN’s upcoming Conference on the Future of Europe. The conference, focusing on minority rights issues, will take place on 2 February 2022 in Flensburg.
photo: Cornelius von Tiedemann
The "minority marathon" ended with a dinner with the newly elected board of the Friisk Foriining, the cultural association of the Frisian ethnic group in Schleswig-Holstein.
- The first meeting of the Working Group of Hungarian Communities in FUEN was held in Lendava, Slovenia
- FUEN’s Working Group of Hungarian Communities holds its first working meeting in Slovenia
- Transforming a vision into reality: Minority Monitor presents the Bijeljina Minority Commissioner
- EUROPEADA 2024: The game schedules are now available
- FUEN TAG Speaker Habip Oğlu met with Secretary General of the Organization of Turkic States Omuraliev
- Minority Calendar 2024: FUEN invites you on a culinary journey through Europe's minority cuisines
- FUEN’s European Dialogue Forum meets Council of Europe leaders, Members of the European Parliament in Strasbourg
- Minority interests taken into account in the European Parliament’s report on geo-blocking
- Let's get loud to mute hate! Campaign against hate speech
- Who will be the 2024 European Minority Football Champions? Groups for EUROPEADA 2024 have been drawn