Minority marathon: FUEN’s President in the German-Danish border region07.12.2021
On 2-3 December 2021 FUEN President, MEP Loránt Vincze and FUEN Vice President Gösta Toft met several representatives of the minorities living in the German-Danish border region in Flensburg. The meetings took place to discuss strengthening the collaboration between the organisations and to present future plans. The FUEN delegation met Harro Hallmann, Hinrich Jürgensen and Uwe Jessen from Bund Deutscher Nordschleswiger (BDN, German minority in Denmark), Jens A. Christiansen and Gitte Hougaard-Werner from Sydslesvigsk Forening (SSF, Danish minority in Germany).
They also had a meeting with Stefan Seidler, a recently elected member of the Bundestag from the South Schleswig Voters' Association (SSW), the party representing the interests of the Danish and Frisian minority populations in Germany. The discussion with the politician from Schleswig-Holstein focused on the collaboration to better represent the interests of minorities both in Germany in Europe.
FUEN President Loránt Vincze and Vice President Gösta Toft also met Minority Commissioner of Schleswig-Holstein Johannes Callsen on Friday evening in Flensburg. The meeting took place in order to prepare FUEN’s upcoming Conference on the Future of Europe. The conference, focusing on minority rights issues, will take place on 2 February 2022 in Flensburg.
photo: Cornelius von Tiedemann
The "minority marathon" ended with a dinner with the newly elected board of the Friisk Foriining, the cultural association of the Frisian ethnic group in Schleswig-Holstein.
- Minorities in the Western Balkans: FUEN’s presence is welcome and needed in the region
- Minorities in the Western Balkans: opportunities and perspectives
- Minorities in the Western Balkans meet at FUEN’s conference in Osijek
- JOB VACANCY: Student employee (m/f/d)
- Together they are strong: minorities without a kin-state meet in Catalonia
- French before Catalan: Court makes disappointing decision against regional language
- OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities visits FUEN
- German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck becomes patron of EUROPEADA
- Late repatriates in Germany: AGDM publishes statement
- Insights, impulses and a suitcase full of ideas: the Education WG's annual conference in Romania a great success