Invitation - Open discussion in the European Parliament21.09.2013
FUEN president Hans Heinrich Hansen and MEP Iuliu Winkler would like to invite you for an open discussion in the European Parliament.
Representatives of several European minorities and regional and minority language communities want to celebrate 26 September 2013 - the European Day of Languages. We had in mind to cele- brate linguistic diversity and to start with our European Citizens‘ Initiative - the Minority SafePack.
But the European Commission put a spoke in our wheel (for the time being).We invite you to debate the best way we can respond to the European Commission ́s rejection and to continue our struggle for legal, political and moral rights regarding language and cultural diversity in Europe.
Thursday, 26 September 2013, 11.00 – 13.00 hrsEuropean Parliament, Altiero Spinelli building, room A 5 F 385
- Registration of teams is open for EUROPEADA 2024!
- Western Balkans delegation discusses with FUEN: How does diversity management succeed?
- German Bundestag celebrates 25 years of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages
- The FUEN Presidium and the Working Group of Slavic Minorities (AGSM) strongly condemn the racist postings in Carinthia/Koroška
- FUEN Presidium and Minority Council in constructive dialogue on further development of the minority organisation
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services