Invitation - Open discussion in the European Parliament21.09.2013
FUEN president Hans Heinrich Hansen and MEP Iuliu Winkler would like to invite you for an open discussion in the European Parliament.
Representatives of several European minorities and regional and minority language communities want to celebrate 26 September 2013 - the European Day of Languages. We had in mind to cele- brate linguistic diversity and to start with our European Citizens‘ Initiative - the Minority SafePack.
But the European Commission put a spoke in our wheel (for the time being).We invite you to debate the best way we can respond to the European Commission ́s rejection and to continue our struggle for legal, political and moral rights regarding language and cultural diversity in Europe.
Thursday, 26 September 2013, 11.00 – 13.00 hrsEuropean Parliament, Altiero Spinelli building, room A 5 F 385
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented
- The European Council’s President supports FUEN`s Main Resolution on Ukraine