New exhibition shows the history of FUEN21.06.2022
How did FUEN actually come into being? And what were the milestones in the 73-year eventful history of the umbrella organisation of the autochthonous national minorities and language communities of Europe? All this is now shown in an exhibition that is celebrating its premiere in Carinthia as part of the Europeada and will henceforth be on display at changing locations. On 32 large panels with texts and numerous photos, viewers are guided through more than seven decades of successful minority work and get an impression of the themes and ideals for which FUEN stands.
“Throughout these printouts we present our predecessors, their ambitions, struggles and achievements and our own contributions in the last decade as we are trying to convince Europe that cultural and linguistic diversity means not only the official languages and majority culturesm but also the multiple small regions with their own national or linguistic identity which needs to be supported and promoted. I hope many citizens from Carinthia but also tourists will be able to see this exhibition”, says FUEN President Loránt Vincze.
The first stations of the exhibition:
- 20 June: Klagenfurt/Celovec
- 25 June: Eberndorf/Dobrla vas Abbey (Europeada opening ceremony)
- 26-29 June: Mochoritsch/Rückersdorf/Rikarja vas (Europeada village)
- 29 June: Bleiburg/Pliberk (Europeada Culture Day)
- 30 June - 2 July: SAK Sportpark Klagenfurt/Celovec (Europeada Finals)
The further exhibition venues will be announced shortly.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- From the Hofburg to the Three-Country Corner - the annual meeting of the Slavic minorities at the Burgenland Croats in Austria
- Minority language promotion projects in practice and on location
- How do minorities live in large metropolises? Slavic communities meet in Vienna
- Communities between true cultural tourism and clumsy marketing gimmick
- Opening of the Forum of European Regions in Ireland: Language means money
- The quest for minority rights in the EU continues
- German minorities at the heart of German minority policy: AGDM Annual Conference starts today in Berlin
- EUROPEADA 2024: Four minorities in the German-Danish borderland set sail for football event "Between the Seas"
- When new worlds open up - WG Education's annual conference provided inspiration and exciting perspectives
- AGSM members to meet in Vienna and Burgenland