FUEN concerned about the position of the Frisian language in the media in the Netherlands02.12.2014
Yesterday, FUEN President Hans Heinrich Hansen sent a letter to the Dutch Parliament and to State Secretary Sander Dekker expressing its worries about the new media policy of the Dutch government. In the policy letter announcing the new policy, no mention was made about the special position in regard to regional broadcasting in the province of Friesland/Fryslân.
FUEN calls upon the Members of Parliament to consider the role of Frisian language public media in the Netherlands, to take into account the international obligations that the Netherlands has undertaken, and to convince the State Secretary to amend his plans so that the protection and promotion of the Frisian language in the media will be guaranteed.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Minorities in the Western Balkans: opportunities and perspectives
- Minorities in the Western Balkans meet at FUEN’s conference in Osijek
- JOB VACANCY: Student employee (m/f/d)
- Together they are strong: minorities without a kin-state meet in Catalonia
- French before Catalan: Court makes disappointing decision against regional language
- OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities visits FUEN
- German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck becomes patron of EUROPEADA
- Late repatriates in Germany: AGDM publishes statement
- Insights, impulses and a suitcase full of ideas: the Education WG's annual conference in Romania a great success
- The Tetovo Forum for Social Dialogue and Cooperation – a best practice presented in Minority Monitor