FUEV-Presidium and Dialogue Forum send a clear signal in favour of more political participation in Brussels27.09.2013
The complete FUEN Presidium, except for Martha Stocker who is running an election campaign in South Tyrol at the moment, came to Brussels. Also the European Dialogue Forum, which is coordinating cooperation between FUEN and the European Parliament, was also complete, except for one of its members.
The core topic of the discussion was the rejection of our European citizens’ initiative by the European Commission. “Our spirit is unbroken. We are overwhelmed with the solidarity and support that we receive from everywhere. That feels good and confirms our conviction that we must and will continue”, said FUEN President Hans Hansen Heinrich once the meeting was over.
During the meeting the FUEN Presidium prepared a “Joint Declaration”, which lays down a way to proceed in relation to our rejected European citizens’ initiative. The declaration was adopted on the following day – on 26 September 2013 – during the “open discussion” of FUEN in the European Parliament.
At their first meeting, the European Dialogue Forum agreed on their main areas of work and they elected Jens A. Christiansen as their speaker. They want to reinforce the dialogue with the European Parliament and taking the European citizens’ initiative as a starting point, they want to engage with all the Members of Parliament – not only with the Intergroup. The upcoming elections of the European Parliament and the networks with the national parliaments should be used actively, in order to strengthen the influence of the minorities.
Members of the FUEN Presidium:
Hans Heinrich Hansen, Dieter Paul Küssner, Loránt Vincze, Olga Martens, Halit Habipoglu, Bernhard Ziesch, Martha Stocker
Members of the European Dialogue Forum:
Jens A. Christiansen, Hans Heinrich Hansen, Bernard Gaida, Herbert Heuss, David Statnik, Nanti Olip, Gabriela Novak-Karall, Koloman Brenner
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Memory training with FUEN: Do you already know our Minority Memo?
- The South Tyroleans and Carinthian Slovenes win the European Championship titles of the 4th EUROPEADA
- When Sorbs and Cimbrians sing the Carinthian Slovenes’ anthem – Europeada Culture Day provides many goosebump moments
- Let fair play and the best win! EUROPEADA 2022 officially opens in Carinthia
- UEFA President's message of support for EUROPEADA
- New exhibition shows the history of FUEN
- "The Europeada should write a piece of minority history"
- Education experts exchange ideas via online platform for minority education
- The Ladins in Belluno and Hungarians in Slovakia were the guests of the Minority Intergroup
- EUROPEADA 2022: Programme and match schedule are set