FUEN welcomed Moldavian minority youth representatives in Flensburg11.12.2019
On Tuesday December 10th 2019 FUEN welcomed a delegation of young minority leaders from Moldova in Flensburg. The study visit is part of the project “Empowering Future Minority Leaders” which takes place in Moldova and Germany and is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. Twelve members from various minority groups in Moldova – amongst them representatives of the Russian, Belorussian, Gagausian, Polish, Bulgarian and Ukrainian minority – spend five days in the German-Danish border region to learn about the local minority institutions and best-practices. The visit is organized by the European Centre For Minority Issues.
During their visit at the FUEN office in Flensburg, Matic Germovšek Ž., coordinator of the Slavic Working Group, informed the guests about the history and structure of FUEN as well as recent initiatives such as the Minority SafePack Initiative or the Dialogue For a Stable Future in Ukraine. Fortunately, Giuanna Beeli, president of the YEN, could arrange a spontaneous trip to Flensburg and presented the youth work activities first hand, which was met with particular interest by the young Moldavian visitors. Events like the EUROPEADA or the workshops that are organized by the FUEN and YEN especially within FUEN's Build Yourself! capacity-building programme, so far had no participants from Moldova, which might change in the future. The presentations were concluded by further discussions and casual talks over tea, coffee and Christmas biscuits.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- FUEN resolutions and the discrimination of German children in Poland presented to the Minority Intergroup
- FUEN’s Assembly of Delegates votes on resolution on Ukraine, decisions on Congress 2023 and EUROPEADA 2024
- Loránt Vincze re-elected as FUEN President
- The four autochthonous national minorities in Germany - who they are and what moves them
- Dialogues, conflicts and wars – minorities in the field of tension
- Congress opening: FUEN’s work is much needed in hard times like this
- "A great role model": FUEN Prize 2022 goes to Gianclaudio Bressa
- The opening of the FUEN Congress in livestream - be there!
- Loránt Vincze: The need to preserve minority identity is not outdated
- DialogForumNorden raises its voice against Danish border controls