FUEN welcomed Moldavian minority youth representatives in Flensburg11.12.2019
On Tuesday December 10th 2019 FUEN welcomed a delegation of young minority leaders from Moldova in Flensburg. The study visit is part of the project “Empowering Future Minority Leaders” which takes place in Moldova and Germany and is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. Twelve members from various minority groups in Moldova – amongst them representatives of the Russian, Belorussian, Gagausian, Polish, Bulgarian and Ukrainian minority – spend five days in the German-Danish border region to learn about the local minority institutions and best-practices. The visit is organized by the European Centre For Minority Issues.
During their visit at the FUEN office in Flensburg, Matic Germovšek Ž., coordinator of the Slavic Working Group, informed the guests about the history and structure of FUEN as well as recent initiatives such as the Minority SafePack Initiative or the Dialogue For a Stable Future in Ukraine. Fortunately, Giuanna Beeli, president of the YEN, could arrange a spontaneous trip to Flensburg and presented the youth work activities first hand, which was met with particular interest by the young Moldavian visitors. Events like the EUROPEADA or the workshops that are organized by the FUEN and YEN especially within FUEN's Build Yourself! capacity-building programme, so far had no participants from Moldova, which might change in the future. The presentations were concluded by further discussions and casual talks over tea, coffee and Christmas biscuits.
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented
- The European Council’s President supports FUEN`s Main Resolution on Ukraine