#solidarity #equality #participation #diversity #minorityrights #traditions
We live in Europe for centuries. We are autochthonous and traditional people, many of us saw borders shifted and live today in minority. It is not a choice, but it is the reality for us. We have chosen to continue to live in our homeland.
We are one hundred million Europeans, fifty million in the EU, members of autochthonous national minorities, nationalities, ethnic communities, regional and linguistic groups. Our ancestors created a unique cultural wealth, they spoke their own languages, and followed their own traditions and customs. We aim to preserve and develop our identity, our cultures, and our languages.
We speak our mother tongue, and we want to be able to use it in everyday life and in the administration. We wish that our children were able to learn in their mother tongue in schools and to pass it to the next generations.
Different norms and different standards are applied by the states in the field of minority protection: some don’t recognize and disregard the aim of minorities, while others actively promote and protect them. We believe that the situation of European minorities can not be considered solely the internal affair of the states. Our objective is to strengthen the Council of Europe’s legal instruments and sanction mechanism, while in the EU our goal is to create a legal framework on the protection of national minorities and language groups.
We have a dream about a European society where all languages and communities are equal, respected and cherished.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented
- The European Council’s President supports FUEN`s Main Resolution on Ukraine