He was the heart and face of the Molise Croats: on the death of Antonio Sammartino22.11.2021
With pain and a heavy heart, we announce the sad news that our dear friend and member of FUEN and AGSM, Antonio Sammartino, left us much too early. Not long ago, he kindly received us in his community of Molise Croats in Italy, in his hometown of Montemitro / Mundimitar, where he opened the doors of his home to us. At the AGSM seminar, we were able to see him heartily happy and smiling, because hosting the international community of Slavic minorities at home meant the most to him. When we accepted him into the FUEN family at the FUEN Congress in Leeuwarden / Ljouwert in 2018, Antonio immediately became one of us: an always smiling and playful gentleman who, with his Italian-Croatian charm, knew how to enchant everyone, even if they did not know how to speak a common language. His kindness and good will got under our skin. We will never forget his ardent commitment to the good of minorities and ethnic communities, and especially his struggle and fight for the recognition of Molise Croats.
Dear Antonio, we will always carry you in our hearts and remember you in good thoughts. Be our angel in heaven! Tvoje čeljade!
FUEN and AGSM express their sincere condolences to his family, relatives, and friends!
- From the Hofburg to the Three-Country Corner - the annual meeting of the Slavic minorities at the Burgenland Croats in Austria
- Minority language promotion projects in practice and on location
- How do minorities live in large metropolises? Slavic communities meet in Vienna
- Communities between true cultural tourism and clumsy marketing gimmick
- Opening of the Forum of European Regions in Ireland: Language means money
- The quest for minority rights in the EU continues
- German minorities at the heart of German minority policy: AGDM Annual Conference starts today in Berlin
- EUROPEADA 2024: Four minorities in the German-Danish borderland set sail for football event "Between the Seas"
- When new worlds open up - WG Education's annual conference provided inspiration and exciting perspectives
- AGSM members to meet in Vienna and Burgenland