He was the heart and face of the Molise Croats: on the death of Antonio Sammartino22.11.2021
With pain and a heavy heart, we announce the sad news that our dear friend and member of FUEN and AGSM, Antonio Sammartino, left us much too early. Not long ago, he kindly received us in his community of Molise Croats in Italy, in his hometown of Montemitro / Mundimitar, where he opened the doors of his home to us. At the AGSM seminar, we were able to see him heartily happy and smiling, because hosting the international community of Slavic minorities at home meant the most to him. When we accepted him into the FUEN family at the FUEN Congress in Leeuwarden / Ljouwert in 2018, Antonio immediately became one of us: an always smiling and playful gentleman who, with his Italian-Croatian charm, knew how to enchant everyone, even if they did not know how to speak a common language. His kindness and good will got under our skin. We will never forget his ardent commitment to the good of minorities and ethnic communities, and especially his struggle and fight for the recognition of Molise Croats.
Dear Antonio, we will always carry you in our hearts and remember you in good thoughts. Be our angel in heaven! Tvoje čeljade!
FUEN and AGSM express their sincere condolences to his family, relatives, and friends!
- FUEN Presidium and Minority Council in constructive dialogue on further development of the minority organisation
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented