HELP, SO WE CAN HELP! FUEN launched its humanitarian aid campaign “Minorities for Ukraine”10.03.2022
The war has changed the lives of the people of Ukraine from one day to another. All nationalities of Ukraine suffer because of the Russian invasion. Besides their lives being in constant danger, they often lack the most basic things needed for survival like water, food, heating or electricity. They spend nights in shelters in deplorable conditions. No jobs, no schools, no security. More than 1.5 million people have already fled Ukraine, trying to seek refuge in the bordering countries, but the majority stays.
As the largest umbrella organisation of European autochthonous minorities, nationalities and language groups, FUEN has eight member organisations in Ukraine. In the last years we made several visits to the country and organized events there to facilitate networking between the organisations and dialogue with the decisionmakers.
While our basic work is to secure the rights of minorities - such as education in their mother tongue and the preservation of their own culture and identity - we realise that all Ukrainian citizens are suffering in this situation. We feel a strong solidarity with our members and with all people of Ukraine, and we would like to come to the help of the ones suffering. This is why we have started the
Humanitarian Aid Campaign.
We would like to appeal to the solidarity of all FUEN members, supporters and friends and to all Europeans to join this humanitarian aid campaign in order to help the Ukrainian people. Please donate and share our message!
Account holder: FUEN
IBAN: DE73 2176 3542 0011 2123 20
Bank: VR Bank Nord eG
Please mark the transfer as DONATION UKRAINE.
All donations from this campaign will benefit the Ukrainian people.
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented
- The European Council’s President supports FUEN`s Main Resolution on Ukraine