MINORITY SAFEPACK AT HEARING IN THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - MORE RIGHTS FOR CITIZENS’ INITIATIVES27.02.2015
FUEN hopes that the hearing before the Committees for Constitutional Affairs and Petitions will lead to a new impetus for realising more direct democracy in the European Union. The main issue is whether and how citizens’ initiatives get a greater say. In July 2013, FUEN launched a citizens’ initiative and applied for registration by the European Commission. The Minority SafePack Initiative, as it is called, wants to strengthen the rights of the minorities in Europe, but unfortunately it was not accepted by the Commission. The initiative of FUEN for the rights of the minorities in Europe is one of the three citizens’ initiatives that were invited to the hearing in the European Parliament. The hearing by the Constitutional Affairs and Petitions Committees will have a profound influence on the future of this European instrument of direct democracy.
The members of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) started preparations for a European Citizens’ Initiative. The project is the most important initiative of the minorities in Europe in recent decades and is based on solidarity throughout Europe. A team of experts elaborated our Minority SafePack, which contains a set of measures and concrete legal acts (laws) for the promotion and protection of the European minorities and the regional and minority languages.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Minority Monitor: Would historical justice for Meshketian Turks ever be restored?
- JOB OFFER: Project Assistant (m/f/d) in Berlin
- Draw of the EUROPEADA groups: Place and time fixed!
- Assembly of Delegates adopts resolutions appealing to big politics
- Maintaining cultural diversity: theory and practice
- Minority Rights in Europe - Where is the Journey Heading?
- A guest in the city of many minorities: The FUEN Congress opens in Pécs, Hungary
- FUEN Prize laureate 2023: Renate Schnack – Thinking with the minorities
- "Diversity and multilingualism is in her DNA": Renate Schnack receives the FUEN Prize 2023
- The opening of the FUEN Congress in livestream – be there!