Greetings from Tîrgu Mureș*Marosvásárhely*Neumarkt am Mieresch: the FUEN Presidium held its meeting in Transylvania06.03.2023
At the initative of FUEN President Loránt Vincze the FUEN Presidium came together in his hometown Tîrgu Mureș*Marosvásárhely*Neumarkt am Mieresch in Transylvania, Romania for the Presidium meeting, but also to learn about the Hungarian community’s culture, heritage and difficulties.
On 3-5 March, the Presidium members discussed the state of the Minority SafePack Initiative, upcoming projects of FUEN, including the Annual Congress in Pécs, Hungary, the preparations for EUROPEADA 2024 in the German-Danish border region, the activities of the working groups and also started a discussion on FUEN’s strategy for the next years.
During the 3-day programme the Presidium members took part in guided tours to the Palace of Culture, the Teleki Téka, centuries-old churches, the Hungarian-language Bolyai high school and had a meeting with Mureș*Maros County Council president Ferenc Péter, his deputy Mihály Levente Kovács and with the director of the Romanian Institute for Minority Studies, Csaba Zoltán Novák.
The programme ended in a friendly atmosphere and with an exciting discussion with leaders of the Magyar Ifjúsági Értekezlet – MIÉRT, the youth organisation of Hungarians in Romania, which is also a member organisation of YEN, and leaders of local youth organisations.
The Presidium was curious to hear young people's views on Europe, the difficulties of learning Romanian and the cooperation with other local minorities and European youth organisations.
Andor Barabás, President of the Youth of European Nationalities – YEN presented the upcoming opportunities within the organisation and invited the MIÉRT’s representatives to the Easter Seminar, which will soon take place in Austria.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- "Change must come from within and begins in the mind": Workshop collects important ideas for more gender equality
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Office Manager
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Communications Employee
- AGDM annual conference: a signal to German federal politicians
- Women first – but how? FUEN workshop on equal rights in minority organisations in Vienna
- These are the 14 venues for EUROPEADA 2024
- From existential hardship to the right to minority education - AGSM annual meeting in Zagreb reveals serious contrasts
- 32nd AGDM Conference: political impetus, networking and exchange
- FUEN: The new Ukrainian Law on National Minorities does not offer an adequate solution to the requests of the national minorities
- Turkic minorities from the Balkans to the Caucasus demonstrated cooperation and solidarity at the meetings in Western Thrace