FUEN President took part in the Day of German Self-governments in Hungary13.01.2020
The Self-government of the German Minority of Hungary (Landesselbstverwaltung der Ungrandeutschen – LdU) has been member of the FUEN for 25 years, and it is a reliable partner and a strong voice of the German minority in Europe – said the President of FUEN, MEP Loránt Vincze on Saturday, 11 January 2020 at the Day of German Self-governments in Pécs, Hungary.
In his speech, he remembered the late Mr. Ottó Heinek, former chairman of the LdU. “His expertise, thoughtfulness, human knowledge, and great heart have played a huge role in FUEN's development over the past 25 years, in offering today our members programs that are truly useful and effective. He was a good friend and a good partner. Working together and solidarity took us forward” – said Mr Vincze.
He expressed his gratitude to the LdU, the Hungarian nationalities and all Hungarian political parties for their role in the Minority SafePack campaign, adding that the statements of support have been submitted online on Friday to the European Commission.
Despite the fact that Hungary offers a good legal framework for its nationalities, being part of a minority is never easy and requires sacrificies, said the FUEN President, wishing the LdU perseverence and good work for 2020.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- FUEN President at UN Forum on Minority Issues in Geneva: Global and European standards are needed
- From the Hofburg to the Three-Country Corner - the annual meeting of the Slavic minorities at the Burgenland Croats in Austria
- Minority language promotion projects in practice and on location
- How do minorities live in large metropolises? Slavic communities meet in Vienna
- Communities between true cultural tourism and clumsy marketing gimmick
- Opening of the Forum of European Regions in Ireland: Language means money
- The quest for minority rights in the EU continues
- German minorities at the heart of German minority policy: AGDM Annual Conference starts today in Berlin
- EUROPEADA 2024: Four minorities in the German-Danish borderland set sail for football event "Between the Seas"
- When new worlds open up - WG Education's annual conference provided inspiration and exciting perspectives