Fact Finding Mission18.06.2014
A joint delegation of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) and the European Association of Daily Newspapers in Minority and Regional Languages (MIDAS) is carrying out a fact-finding mission to Western Thrace on 19-22 June 2014 to obtain information on the situation of the Turkish Minority in Greece.
In the fact-finding mission hosted by FUEN member organizations, Federation of Western Thrace Turks in Europe (ABTTF), Western Thrace Minority University Graduates Association (WTMUGA) and Friendship, Equality, Peace (FEP) Party, the joint delegation will meet and conduct extensive consultations with minority representatives, non-governmental organizations, religious and community leaders of the Turkish minority.
Together with representatives of Danish minority in Germany and German minority in Denmark, FUEN President Hans Heinrich Hansen and Vice Presidents Paul Dieter Küssner and Halit Habip Oğlu and MIDAS Governing Board Member Bojan Brezigar and six journalists from MIDAS member newspapers and 2 media students from the Andrassy University in Budapest will visit old historical places and mosques in the region and will attend one of the traditional festivals in the region, the Cherry Harvest Festival in Bulatköy (Asómatoi). The joint delegation will visit minority villages in Komotini and Xanthi and will have enlarged meetings with the representatives of the Turkish minority media and the Consultative Committee of the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace (BTTADK) to examine current problems and concerns faced by members of the minority in social, economic and political life.
In the photo: Representatives of the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace at the FUEN Congress 2014
- The first meeting of the Working Group of Hungarian Communities in FUEN was held in Lendava, Slovenia
- FUEN’s Working Group of Hungarian Communities holds its first working meeting in Slovenia
- Transforming a vision into reality: Minority Monitor presents the Bijeljina Minority Commissioner
- EUROPEADA 2024: The game schedules are now available
- FUEN TAG Speaker Habip Oğlu met with Secretary General of the Organization of Turkic States Omuraliev
- Minority Calendar 2024: FUEN invites you on a culinary journey through Europe's minority cuisines
- FUEN’s European Dialogue Forum meets Council of Europe leaders, Members of the European Parliament in Strasbourg
- Minority interests taken into account in the European Parliament’s report on geo-blocking
- Let's get loud to mute hate! Campaign against hate speech
- Who will be the 2024 European Minority Football Champions? Groups for EUROPEADA 2024 have been drawn