EUROPEADA 2022: Programme and match schedule are set24.05.2022
In one month, the EUROPEADA, the European Football Championship of the autochthonous national minorities, will open in Carinthia/Koroška, Austria. From 25 June to 3 July 2022, there will not only be sport events, but also a series of political and cultural side events. Take a look at the extensive programme, which offers the following highlights in addition to the football matches:
- the big opening reception on 25 June with representatives from politics and media
- the Culture Day with all teams and guests on 29 June
- the FUEN Talks on various topics related to minority politics
- Live concerts by local bands in the evening
- the FUEN exhibition
Following the motto "together unique - skupaj enkratni" we expect about 1000 participants from all over Europe, who will make the living diversity and the added value of the many different nationalities, ethnic - and language groups visible. The games will take place in twelve locations in the region of Carinthia as well as in Slovenia. By the way, the region is known for the warmest swimming lake in Europe, the Klopeiner See, which is located in the middle of Carinthia.
The tournament will be contested by 19 men's and four women's teams from all over Europe: from the Danes in Germany to Ladins in Italy to Pomaks in Bulgaria, a great variety of national minorities will be represented to compete on the football pitch, make friends on the sidelines and celebrate their diversity. You can find the match schedule here.
FUEN is the sponsor of the tournament and organises EUROPEADA together with the local organisers - the Slovenian Sports Association in Carinthia/Koroška, the Council of Carinthian Slovenes, the Province of Carinthia and the Republic of Slovenia.
.You can find further informations on https://www.europeada.eu/home/en.
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented
- The European Council’s President supports FUEN`s Main Resolution on Ukraine