Don't miss: Forum of the European Minority Regions in Helsinki!04.10.2021
FUEN has a very special event in store for October: the fifth edition of the Forum of the European Minority Regions on 14 and 15 October 2021 in Helsinki/Helsingfors, Finland. This year, the focus will be on the minorities in the Nordic countries and their economic dimension: "Nordic diversity – a formula for economic growth?” After all, border regions with their multilingual populations attract investment and many small and medium-sized enterprises. They are bridge builders between countries and create economic macro-regions.
Various panel discussions with high-ranking representatives from politics, business and academia will shed light on the economic added value of linguistic diversity, how the education system helps to maintain it and whether the model of autonomous regions in the Nordic countries could serve as a model for other minority regions. Finally, the Forum will try to answer the question what the EU and the Nordic Council can do to support minorities even better.
We would be happy to have you join us in Helsinki on 14 and 15 October 2021 to learn from and discuss with the best experts in the field!
For more information on the Forum and to register, please visit the Forum website.
- How to better protect Europe's great treasure? Dictionaries and Debate on the Day of Languages
- Minority Monitor: Would historical justice for Meskhetian Turks ever be restored?
- JOB OFFER: Project Assistant (m/f/d) in Berlin
- Draw of the EUROPEADA groups: Place and time fixed!
- Assembly of Delegates adopts resolutions appealing to big politics
- Maintaining cultural diversity: theory and practice
- Minority Rights in Europe - Where is the Journey Heading?
- A guest in the city of many minorities: The FUEN Congress opens in Pécs, Hungary
- FUEN Prize laureate 2023: Renate Schnack – Thinking with the minorities
- "Diversity and multilingualism is in her DNA": Renate Schnack receives the FUEN Prize 2023