FUEV-Presidium and Dialogue Forum send a clear signal in favour of more political participation in Brussels27.09.2013
The complete FUEN Presidium, except for Martha Stocker who is running an election campaign in South Tyrol at the moment, came to Brussels. Also the European Dialogue Forum, which is coordinating cooperation between FUEN and the European Parliament, was also complete, except for one of its members.
The core topic of the discussion was the rejection of our European citizens’ initiative by the European Commission. “Our spirit is unbroken. We are overwhelmed with the solidarity and support that we receive from everywhere. That feels good and confirms our conviction that we must and will continue”, said FUEN President Hans Hansen Heinrich once the meeting was over.
During the meeting the FUEN Presidium prepared a “Joint Declaration”, which lays down a way to proceed in relation to our rejected European citizens’ initiative. The declaration was adopted on the following day – on 26 September 2013 – during the “open discussion” of FUEN in the European Parliament.
At their first meeting, the European Dialogue Forum agreed on their main areas of work and they elected Jens A. Christiansen as their speaker. They want to reinforce the dialogue with the European Parliament and taking the European citizens’ initiative as a starting point, they want to engage with all the Members of Parliament – not only with the Intergroup. The upcoming elections of the European Parliament and the networks with the national parliaments should be used actively, in order to strengthen the influence of the minorities.
Members of the FUEN Presidium:
Hans Heinrich Hansen, Dieter Paul Küssner, Loránt Vincze, Olga Martens, Halit Habipoglu, Bernhard Ziesch, Martha Stocker
Members of the European Dialogue Forum:
Jens A. Christiansen, Hans Heinrich Hansen, Bernard Gaida, Herbert Heuss, David Statnik, Nanti Olip, Gabriela Novak-Karall, Koloman Brenner
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented
- The European Council’s President supports FUEN`s Main Resolution on Ukraine