Discussion in Berlin on the House of Minorities in Flensburg26.05.2015
On the invitation of the German Federal Government Commissioner for Matters Related to Ethnic German Resettlers and National Minorities, Hartmut Koschyk MP, the two MPs Bettina Hagedorn and Dr Sabine Sütterlin-Waack, Mayor of Flensburg Simon Faber and his staff member Eico Wenzel, the President of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) Hans Heinrich Hansen and Vice President Paul Dieter Küssner, Jon Hardon Hansen and Jens A. Christiansen from Sydslesvigsk Forening (SSF) as representatives of the Danish minority in Germany and also representatives of the German Federal Government and the government of the Land of Schleswig-Holstein had a meeting in the premises of the German Federal Ministry of the Interior in Berlin to speak about the swift realisation of a European “House of Minorities” in Flensburg.
A crucial precondition for the realisation is the renovation of the historical warehouse in Flensburg, which is the property of the organisation of the Danish minority, Sydslesvigsk Forening (SSF), and under whose roof also the European “House of Minorities” shall find its place.
Source, photo: BMI/Beauftragter der Bundesregierung für Aussiedlerfragen und nationale Minderheiten, Hartmut Koschyk MdB
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- "Change must come from within and begins in the mind": Workshop collects important ideas for more gender equality
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Office Manager
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Communications Employee
- Women first – but how? FUEN workshop on equal rights in minority organisations in Vienna
- These are the 14 venues for EUROPEADA 2024
- From existential hardship to the right to minority education - AGSM annual meeting in Zagreb reveals serious contrasts
- 32nd AGDM Conference: political impetus, networking and exchange
- FUEN: The new Ukrainian Law on National Minorities does not offer an adequate solution to the requests of the national minorities
- Turkic minorities from the Balkans to the Caucasus demonstrated cooperation and solidarity at the meetings in Western Thrace
- Turkic minorities and communities gather in Western Thrace