JOB VACANCY: Project Manager EUROPEADA campaign15.06.2023
Football tournament, festival of cultural diversity, political statement and a lot of emotion - that's EUROPEADA, the European Football Championship of the autochthonous national minorities in Europe. Every four years, parallel to the UEFA EURO, it gathers more than 1000 participants on and off the pitch, where fair play, respect, tolerance and international understanding are at the heart of the event.
The Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) is the sponsor of the tournament, which will be held in the summer of 2024 in the German-Danish border region around Flensburg/Flensborg. With over 100 member organisations in 36 European countries, FUEN is the largest umbrella organisation of autochthonous national minorities and ethnic groups in Europe. It represents the interests of European minorities at regional, national and, in particular, European level and works to preserve and promote the identities, languages, cultures, rights and uniqueness of European minorities. FUEN was founded in Paris in 1949, today it has three locations: in Flensburg, Berlin and Brussels.
To support our team in the preparation of the next EUROPEADA, we are looking for a part-time* Project Manager to start as soon as possible.
- Supervision and coordination of the campaign to link EURO 2024 and EUROPEADA 2024
- Supervision of our cooperation with partner organisations (Europeada gGmbH, UEFA, DFB)
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the campaign, developing background materials
- Coordinating the production of promotional materials (films, photos) and writing texts
- Planning, preparation and implementation of working sessions, visits, meetings, conferences
- Participation in events such as conferences, meetings
- Supporting other FUEN projects
- Relevant completed education with at least 1 year of work experience, preferably studies with focus on marketing or international management
- Practical experience in project management as well as in the implementation of communication campaigns
- Understanding of politics and economic contexts
- Business fluent in German and English, knowledge of other languages including regional and minority languages is desirable
- Ability to work independently, self-confident and appropriate appearance, organisational skills and assertiveness
- Strong communication skills, creativity, ability to work in a team and flexibility
- a new, multi-faceted challenge with plenty of room for initiative, innovation
- Exciting pan-European projects
- A European and committed team
- An attractive and varied working environment
- Work-life balance: regular working hours with flexible start and end times, possibility of mobile working, time off in lieu.
* The work is done on a fee basis, but there is also the possibility to work as an employee if desired.
In the case of equal suitability, severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration in accordance with SGB IX.
We look forward to receiving your application documents, which you should send to us by 17.07.2023 at the latest, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your earliest possible starting date.
- Experts gather to discuss ways forward for minority protection at FUEN’s conference in Brussels
- Lendván tartották a FUEN Magyar Közösségek Munkacsoportja első ülését
- Lendván tartja első munkaülését a FUEN Magyar Közösségek Munkacsoportja
- Transforming a vision into reality: Minority Monitor presents the Bijeljina Minority Commissioner
- EUROPEADA 2024: The game schedules are now available
- FUEN TAG Speaker Habip Oğlu met with Secretary General of the Organization of Turkic States Omuraliev
- Minority Calendar 2024: FUEN invites you on a culinary journey through Europe's minority cuisines
- FUEN’s European Dialogue Forum meets Council of Europe leaders, Members of the European Parliament in Strasbourg
- Minority interests taken into account in the European Parliament’s report on geo-blocking
- Let's get loud to mute hate! Campaign against hate speech