FUEN Congress 2022 to be held in Berlin10.05.2022
The largest meeting of autochthonous national minorities in Europe – the FUEN Congress – will take place in Berlin, Germany in 2022. Taking into consideration the current international situation, especially the Russian invasion of Ukraine and its possible consequences, the FUEN Presidium took the decision to organise the Congress in the German capital instead of Tallin, Estonia. The event will take place on 29 September – 2 October, in cooperation with the Minority Council of the four autochthonous national minorities and ethnic groups in Germany.
The Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) has been held annually by the umbrella organisation since 1949 in cooperation with hosting minorities and is dedicated to European minority concerns as well as the specific situation and activities of the respective host minorities. With around 200 participants from more than 30 countries, the FUEN Congress is the largest meeting of autochthonous, national minorities in Europe – with corresponding European impact and visibility. In addition to member organisations and partners of FUEN, personalities from politics, science, culture and the media also take part.
In 2021, the FUEN Congress was held in Trieste/Trst, Italy, hosted by the Slovenian community. Due to travel restrictions applied to citizens of some non-EU countries, it was organised in a hybrid format, as delegates were able to follow the Assembly and vote remotely. If necessary, the 2022 Congress will also be a hybrid one.
Credit cover picture: Pixabay
- DialogForumNorden raises its voice against Danish border controls
- What makes minority communities strong
- Are linguistic rights declining in the EU?
- The tough struggle for visibility - Non-Kin-State minorities discuss current challenges
- The FUEN Congress 2022 is set to start on 29 September in Berlin – register now!
- The Non-Kin-State Working Group visits the Pomak minority in Bulgaria
- Montenegrin minority from Albania aims to become FUEN member
- Memory training with FUEN: Do you already know our Minority Memo?
- Wir stellen ein: Verwaltungsleiter*in (m/w/d)
- The South Tyroleans and Carinthian Slovenes win the European Championship titles of the 4th EUROPEADA