JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Office Manager23.11.2023
With over 100 member organisations in 36 European countries, FUEN is the largest umbrella organisation of autochthonous, national minorities and ethnic groups in Europe. It represents the interests of European minorities at regional, national and especially European level and is committed to preserving and promoting the identities, languages, cultures, rights and uniqueness of European minorities. FUEN was founded in Paris in 1949 and today has three offices: in Flensburg, Berlin and Brussels.
To support our team, we are looking for a part-time office manager in Flensburg or Berlin as of 01.02.2024.
- Planning, implementation and control of the administrative processes of the secretariat
- General secretarial work as well as telephone reception, calendar management and organisation of video and telephone conferences
- Coordination of scheduling and organisation of appointments for the FUEN Presidium and the Secretary General
- Supervision of Executive Committee meetings, taking minutes, preparation of documents
- Coordination of team meetings
- Planning, booking and invoicing of trips for the FUEN Presidium and for the FUEN team (as required)
- Ensuring punctual and high-quality services (translations, printing/copying, brochures)
- Support for FUEN projects
- Relevant completed training with at least one year of professional experience, preferably as an office management assistant or comparable qualifications (BA desirable)
- Confident in working with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Multilingualism, mother tongue German and good knowledge of English, other languages including regional and minority languages are desirable
- Interest in or knowledge of minority issues an advantage
- Ability to work independently, self-confident and appropriate appearance, organisational skills and assertiveness, strong communication skills, ability to work in a team, flexibility and empathy
- Exciting Europe-wide projects
- A European and dedicated team
- An attractive and varied working environment
- Compatibility of work and family: regulated working hours with flexible start and end times, possibility of mobile working, time off in lieu
The position is initially limited until 31 December 2024 with an option to extend.
In the case of equal suitability, severely disabled persons are given preferential consideration in accordance with SGB IX.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application documents, which you should send to us by 20 December 2023 at the latest, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your earliest possible starting date.
- Experts gather to discuss ways forward for minority protection at FUEN’s conference in Brussels
- Lendván tartották a FUEN Magyar Közösségek Munkacsoportja első ülését
- Lendván tartja első munkaülését a FUEN Magyar Közösségek Munkacsoportja
- Transforming a vision into reality: Minority Monitor presents the Bijeljina Minority Commissioner
- EUROPEADA 2024: The game schedules are now available
- FUEN TAG Speaker Habip Oğlu met with Secretary General of the Organization of Turkic States Omuraliev
- Minority Calendar 2024: FUEN invites you on a culinary journey through Europe's minority cuisines
- FUEN’s European Dialogue Forum meets Council of Europe leaders, Members of the European Parliament in Strasbourg
- Minority interests taken into account in the European Parliament’s report on geo-blocking
- Let's get loud to mute hate! Campaign against hate speech