Conferences, cultural sites and a significant anniversary – the 30th Annual Conference of the AGDM in Northern Schleswig04.11.2021
This much is certain: it will be no ordinary Annual Conference, for which FUEN's Working Group of German Minorities (AGDM) will meet from 4 to 7 November in North Schleswig, the home of the German minority in Denmark. There is an anniversary to celebrate: the AGDM has already existed for 30 years. This makes it the oldest working group in the FUEN family. At the end of the meeting, the round birthday will be celebrated with speeches – among others by the Federal Government Commissioner for Minorities, Prof. Dr. Bernd Fabritius, and former AGDM Speaker and former FUEN President Hans Heinrich Hansen –, the screening of an anniversary film and a cultural and culinary programme.
Prior to that, in addition to numerous working meetings, the agenda includes visits to the Hadersleben Rowing Club, the German Museum of Northern Schleswig in Sonderburg and the German Gymnasiums in Apenrade and Knivsberg, where the cultural centre of the German minority in Denmark is located. On 6 November, the AGDM will take part in the "German Day" celebrations in Tingleff, where the Prime Minister of Schleswig-Holstein, Daniel Günther, will deliver the keynote address.
"We are looking forward to finally getting together again in person and exchanging ideas after the forced interruption caused by the Corona," says AGDM Speaker Bernard Gaida. The main topic will be the future strategic orientation of the working group against the background of the new political situation in Germany. About 20 participants from eleven countries are expected.
The AGDM youth representatives will meet directly afterwards for their annual conference on Knivsberg from 7 to 9 November.
- Minorities in the Western Balkans: FUEN’s presence is welcome and needed in the region
- Minorities in the Western Balkans: opportunities and perspectives
- Minorities in the Western Balkans meet at FUEN’s conference in Osijek
- JOB VACANCY: Student employee (m/f/d)
- Together they are strong: minorities without a kin-state meet in Catalonia
- French before Catalan: Court makes disappointing decision against regional language
- OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities visits FUEN
- German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck becomes patron of EUROPEADA
- Late repatriates in Germany: AGDM publishes statement
- Insights, impulses and a suitcase full of ideas: the Education WG's annual conference in Romania a great success