Repatriation of Meskhetian (Ahiska) Turks23.01.2014
Have founded in Paris in 1949, in the same year as the Council of Europe, FUEN - which is the largest umbrella organization of the autochthonous, national minorities / ethnic groups in Europe with around 90 member organizations in 32 European countries - has closely monitored the situation of the Meskhetian Turks since 1996 and during Special Missions to Georgia FUEN board had conducted negotiations with the Georgian authorities and the President of Georgia on the repatriation of the Meskhetian Turks criminally deported from their homeland.
Obligations taken by Georgia presupposed a constructive solution of the repatriation process including civic rehabilitation and granting an absolute right to return to all from the deported group wishing to reunite with the homeland.
FUEN considers the adoption of Law of Georgia “On Repatriation of Persons forcefully sent into exile from the Soviet Socialist Republic of Georgia by the Former USSR in the 40’s of the 20th Century” in 2007 as not delivering its obligation due to the absence of any sign of the repatriation of the deported population.
- The South Tyroleans and Carinthian Slovenes win the European Championship titles of the 4th EUROPEADA
- When Sorbs and Cimbrians sing the Carinthian Slovenes’ anthem – Europeada Culture Day provides many goosebump moments
- Let fair play and the best win! EUROPEADA 2022 officially opens in Carinthia
- UEFA President's message of support for EUROPEADA
- New exhibition shows the history of FUEN
- "The Europeada should write a piece of minority history"
- Education experts exchange ideas via online platform for minority education
- The Ladins in Belluno and Hungarians in Slovakia were the guests of the Minority Intergroup
- EUROPEADA 2022: Programme and match schedule are set
- "I am proud to be a Sinto" - Film about minorities in the German-Danish borderland celebrates premiere in the Minority Competence Network