First meeting of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN)22.01.2015
22-24 January 2015 Bozen/Bolzano, South Tyrol
The situation in Europe and the role of minorities are the main topics for discussion.
FUEN Presidium members meet today (Thursday, 22 January 2015) under the direction of Hans Heinrich Hansen the Governor of South Tyrol Arno Kompatscher and Member of the European Parliament Herbert Dorfmann.
The Chairman of the South Tyrolean People’s Party (SVP) Philipp Achammer and the Secretary Manuel Massl will welcome the Presidium in the SVP office on Friday (23 January 2015) in Bolzano.
Prior to the press conference announcing the EUROPEADA2016 in South Tyrol a meeting with the organising committee is also on the agenda.
After the championships in 2008 at the Rhaeto Romansh in Graubünden, Switzerland and in 2012 at the Lusatian Sorbs in Germany, the European Football Championship of the minorities will take place in South Tyrol in 2016. The winner of both 2008 and 2012 was also successful in its bid to organise the 3rd European championship in 2016. The EUROPEADA takes place in the same period as the official European championship of UEFA. In total, 24 male teams and up till 8 female teams are expected. The EUROPEADA is foremost a great football festival of languages and cultures which attracts attention from the media from all over Europe.
The autonomous region Trentino-South Tyrol and the autonomous province Bozen have been supporting the work of FUEN and thus the minorities in Europe for a very long time. SVP is a FUEN member since 1988.
Press conference on Friday, 23 January at 10 am in the SVP office in Bozen
Thursday, 22 January
18:00 hr Greeting SVP office and Presidium meeting
20:00 hr Dinner with Governor Arno Kompatscher and MEP Dorfmann
Friday, 23 January
08:45 hr Meeting in the SVP office with Chairman Philipp Achammer and Secretary Manuel Massl
09:00 hr Meeting with the EUROPEADA organising committee in the SVP office
10:00 hr Press conference
12:00 hr Meeting with the Provincial Assessor Dr Florian Mussner
13:30 -17:30 hr Presidium meeting
18:00 hr Meeting with the chief editor of Dolomiten Toni Ebner
Photo: FUEN Presidium at dinner with Governor Arno Kompatscher and MEP Dorfmann
- Together they are strong: minorities without a kin-state meet in Catalonia
- French before Catalan: Court makes disappointing decision against regional language
- OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities visits FUEN
- German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck becomes patron of EUROPEADA
- Late repatriates in Germany: AGDM publishes statement
- Insights, impulses and a suitcase full of ideas: the Education WG's annual conference in Romania a great success
- The Tetovo Forum for Social Dialogue and Cooperation – a best practice presented in Minority Monitor
- South Tyrol, East Belgium and Hungary want to back MSPI in court
- Tailwind for minority rights: European Parliament wants to expand cooperation with Council of Europe
- "School in the mother tongue is not a luxury, but sheer necessity": Annual meeting of the Education WG in Romania