EUROPEADA 2022: New date fixed16.09.2021
The ball will finally roll again: The European Football Championship of the autochthonous national minorities will take place from 25 June to 3 July 2022 in Carinthia/Koroška, Austria. This was announced by the organising committee during this year's FUEN Congress last weekend in Trieste, Italy.
After the sporting event had to be postponed twice due to the Corona pandemic, the hosts of the Slovenian minority in Austria are now confident that the football festival can take place next summer. Twenty-four men's and seven women's teams are expected. "We want football and international exchange at the highest level," announced organiser Marco Loibnegger of the Slovenian Sports Association. "Through sporting engagement, we want to make minority issues accessible to a broad public and the local population."
EUROPEADA is a major European event that combines the fair competition and enthusiasm of a sports festival with the concerns of the autochthonous, national minorities. The meeting and exchange of the minorities and the public promotion are in the centre of attention. The Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) is the organiser of EUROPEADA.
Further information about the event can be found on the official EUROPEADA website.
The official trailer of the EUROPEADA:
- DialogForumNorden raises its voice against Danish border controls
- What makes minority communities strong
- Are linguistic rights declining in the EU?
- The tough struggle for visibility - Non-Kin-State minorities discuss current challenges
- The FUEN Congress 2022 is set to start on 29 September in Berlin – register now!
- The Non-Kin-State Working Group visits the Pomak minority in Bulgaria
- Montenegrin minority from Albania aims to become FUEN member
- Memory training with FUEN: Do you already know our Minority Memo?
- Wir stellen ein: Verwaltungsleiter*in (m/w/d)
- The South Tyroleans and Carinthian Slovenes win the European Championship titles of the 4th EUROPEADA