EUROPEADA 2022: New date fixed16.09.2021
The ball will finally roll again: The European Football Championship of the autochthonous national minorities will take place from 25 June to 3 July 2022 in Carinthia/Koroška, Austria. This was announced by the organising committee during this year's FUEN Congress last weekend in Trieste, Italy.
After the sporting event had to be postponed twice due to the Corona pandemic, the hosts of the Slovenian minority in Austria are now confident that the football festival can take place next summer. Twenty-four men's and seven women's teams are expected. "We want football and international exchange at the highest level," announced organiser Marco Loibnegger of the Slovenian Sports Association. "Through sporting engagement, we want to make minority issues accessible to a broad public and the local population."
EUROPEADA is a major European event that combines the fair competition and enthusiasm of a sports festival with the concerns of the autochthonous, national minorities. The meeting and exchange of the minorities and the public promotion are in the centre of attention. The Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) is the organiser of EUROPEADA.
Further information about the event can be found on the official EUROPEADA website.
The official trailer of the EUROPEADA:
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- JOB OPENING: Social Media Manager (m/w/d) for the Working Group of German Minorities
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision
- JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels
- JOB VACANCY: Secretary (m/f/d) for FUEN at the office in Berlin or Flensburg
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services
- How equal are minority organisations? FUEN study on the project "Women of Minorities" presented
- The European Council’s President supports FUEN`s Main Resolution on Ukraine