Conference “The Languages of the Charter in Germany – a Subject for All”26.11.2014
Conference “The Languages of the Charter in Germany – a Subject for All” took place in the building of the Parlamentarische Gesellschaft (German Parliamentary Society) in Berlin on 26 November 2014 at 14:30 hr.
Participants to the conference were invited by the Commissioner for Matters Related to Ethnic German Resettlers and National Minorities, Mr Hartmut Koschyk (MP), and by the Minority Secretariat of the four autochthonous national minorities in Germany.
The conference took place under the auspices of the President of the German Federal Parliament, Prof Dr Norbert Lammert (MP).
The protection of minority languages in Germany and the regional language of Lower German is an obligation for the society as a whole. It is the responsibility of everyone who is involved in the process of political implementation of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages.
The conference marked the beginning of a new direction for language policy in regard to the languages of the Charter in Germany, which has to be developed jointly by the Federal Government, the Länder, the minorities and the speakers of Lower German in Germany, and which has to reflect the common responsibility of all these parties.
To that end the Minority Council in Germany prepared a draft in preparation of the conference “The Languages of the Charter in Germany – a Joint Responsibility”, which they agreed on with the Commissioner for Matters Related to Ethnic German Resettlers and National Minorities, Mr Hartmut Koschyk (MP).
Members of the FUEN Presidium and members of the Working Group of the German Minorities in FUEN (AGDM) also participated in the conference.
For more background information, see:
- Tilmeldingen af hold til EUROPEADA 2024 er i gang!
- Delegationen fra Vestbalkan diskuterer med FUEN: Hvordan lykkes diversity management?
- Den tyske Forbundsdag fejrer 25 års jubilæum for det europæiske charter om regionale sprog og mindretalssprog
- FUEN's præsidium og Arbejdsgruppen for Slaviske Mindretal (AGSM) fordømmer på det kraftigste de racistiske opslag i Kärnten/Koroška
- FUEN's præsidium og mindretalsrådet i konstruktiv dialog om den videre udvikling af mindretalsorganisationen
- Appel af retsafgørelsen om Minority SafePack Initiative
- Minority Monitor præsenterer en sag om tvangsassimilation af det russiske mindretal i Estland
- FUEN's syn på diversity management præsenteret på den regionale konference for Vestbalkan i Skopje
- Minority SafePack: MSPI's Citizens' Committee vil appellere domstolens afgørelse
- Negotiations with the Commission: FUEN campaigns for borderless film and TV services