Presidium of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) Holds Meeting in Berlin09.06.2014
On 5-6 June 2014, the Presidium of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN), chaired by President Hans Heinrich Hansen, held its 4th meeting this year in Berlin.
The Presidium evaluated FUEN Congress 2014 held together with Bund Deutscher Nordschleswiger (German minority in Denmark) and Sydslesvigsk Forening (Danish minority in Germany) in the German-Danish border region on 7-11 May and made an overview of the Congress in which FUEN celebrated its 65th anniversary in Hotel des Nordens, Flensburg. The Presidium evaluated resolutions and FUEN Minority Manifesto adopted by the FUEN Assembly of Delegates in May 10, 2014.
One of the main topics of the Presidium meeting was FUEN’s priorities in the period of 2014-2016. The Presidium discussed FUEN 2015 Congress which will be held in Western Thrace, Greece together with member organizations which represent the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace, namely Federation of Western Thrace Turks in Europe (ABTTF), Western Thrace Minority University Graduates Association (WTMUGA) and Friendship, Equality, Peace (FEP) Party.
The Presidium discussed also future projects, meeting and activities of FUEN.
At the same time, the first meeting of the discussion group consisting of members of the Home Affairs Committee of the German Parliament and the Minority Council of the four autochthonous national minorities in Germany took place in Berlin. FUEN was represented by President Hans Heinrich Hansen and the Vice-Presidents Bernhard Ziesch (Domowina – Federation of Lusatian Sorbs) and Dieter Paul Küssner (SSF – Danish Minority in Germany at the meeting. Read more (in German).
- From the Hofburg to the Three-Country Corner - the annual meeting of the Slavic minorities at the Burgenland Croats in Austria
- Minority language promotion projects in practice and on location
- How do minorities live in large metropolises? Slavic communities meet in Vienna
- Communities between true cultural tourism and clumsy marketing gimmick
- Opening of the Forum of European Regions in Ireland: Language means money
- The quest for minority rights in the EU continues
- German minorities at the heart of German minority policy: AGDM Annual Conference starts today in Berlin
- EUROPEADA 2024: Four minorities in the German-Danish borderland set sail for football event "Between the Seas"
- When new worlds open up - WG Education's annual conference provided inspiration and exciting perspectives
- AGSM members to meet in Vienna and Burgenland