FUEN delegation presented the MSPI to the Breton community in France14.01.2020
On January 10-11 2020 a FUEN delegation visited the Breton community in France. Together with a big assembly of defenders of the Breton language and culture, Vice Presidents Gosta Toft and Bahne Bahnsen, accompanied by Bérengère Vogel, project coordinator, took part in a meeting at Ti Ar Vro (Breton Cultural Centre) in Vannes, where Mr. Bahnsen presented the FUEN and Mr. Toft talked about the Minority SafePack Initiative, for which the 1 128 385 statements of support were submitted to the European Commission on Friday. Attila Dabis, the representative of the Szekler National Council presented their own European Citizens’ Initiative for the equality of regions and the sustainability of regional cultures.
The Deputy Paul Molac, fully committed to the defense of the Breton culture, also joined the event and signed the European Citizens’ Initiative for the equality of regions and the sustainability of regional cultures.
The delegation took part in two roundtables about the Breton langugage and education in Breton, and about the administrative reunification of the Bretagne region and Département Loire-Atlantique. The capital of Loire-Atlantique is Nantes, the historic capital of Bretagne.
The FUEN delegation also visited the KDSK (Centre de ressources culturelles celtiques) in Saint-Herblain (suburbs of Nantes) and Radio Naoned (the first media outlet to broadcast entirely in Breton language) and met mayor David Robo in the Town Hall of Vannes.
- When Sorbs and Cimbrians sing the Carinthian Slovenes’ anthem – Europeada Culture Day provides many goosebump moments
- Let fair play and the best win! EUROPEADA 2022 officially opens in Carinthia
- UEFA President's message of support for EUROPEADA
- New exhibition shows the history of FUEN
- "The Europeada should write a piece of minority history"
- Education experts exchange ideas via online platform for minority education
- The Ladins in Belluno and Hungarians in Slovakia were the guests of the Minority Intergroup
- EUROPEADA 2022: Programme and match schedule are set
- "I am proud to be a Sinto" - Film about minorities in the German-Danish borderland celebrates premiere in the Minority Competence Network
- 20 men and 4 women teams square off at EUROPEADA – find out who plays who in the groups!